JOIN THE TEAM TODAY!
Our reputation is built on the skills and successes of our employees.
System Engineer (Level 1)
Learn more about this opportunity below: TTO 4 - System Engineer (Level 1)
Clearance: TS/SCI FSP
Experience supporting field site engineering, training activities, system/subsystem testing, system/subsystem integration, system deployments, networking, REDHAT LINUX administration, virtualization
• Seven (7) years of experience as an SE in programs and contracts of similar scope, type and complexity
• Demonstrate experience in planning and leading Systems Engineering efforts and have a Bachelor’s degree in System Engineering, Computer Science, Information Systems, Engineering Science, Engineering Management, or related discipline from an accredited college or university
• Five (5) years of additional SE experience may be substituted for a bachelor’s degree
• One (1) year of experience installing, maintaining, and testing SIGINT systems.
The Level 1 System Engineer (SE) shall possess the following capabilities:
• Contribute to the development of sections of systems engineering documentation such as System Engineering Plans, Initial Capabilities Documents, Requirements specifications, and Interface Control Documents
• Manage system requirements and derive requirements to ensure the delivery of production systems that were compatible with the defined system architecture(s) – Department of Defense Architecture Framework (DoDAF), Service-oriented Architecture (SOA), etc.
• Assist with the development of system requirements, functional requirements, and allocation of the same to individual hardware, software, facility, and personnel components
• Coordinate the resolution of action items from Configuration Control Board (CCB) meetings, design reviews, program reviews, and test reviews that require cross-discipline coordination
• Participate in an Integrated Product Team to design new capabilities based upon evaluation of all necessary development and operational considerations
• Participate in the development of system engineering documentation, such as System Engineering Plans, Initial Capabilities Documents, Requirements Specifications, and Interface Control Documents
• Participate in interface definition, design, and changes to the configuration between affected groups and individuals throughout the life cycle on program
• Allocate real-time process budgets and error budgets to systems and subsystem components
• Derive from the system requirements an understanding of stakeholder needs, functions that may be logically inferred and implied as essential to system effectiveness
• Derive lower-level requirements from higher-level allocated requirements that describe in detail the functions that a system component must fulfill, and ensure these requirements were complete, correct, unique, unambiguous, realizable, and verifiable
• Generate alternative system concepts, physical architectures, and design solutions
• Participate in establishing and gaining approval of the definition of a system or component under development (requirements, designs, interfaces, test procedures, etc.) that provide a common reference point for hardware and software developers
• Define the methods, processes, and evaluation criteria by which the systems, subsystems and work products were verified against their requirements in a written plan
• Develop a system design solution that satisfies the system requirements and fulfills the functional analysis
• Develop derived requirements for Information Assurance Services (Confidentiality, Integrity, Non repudiation, and Availability); Basic Information Assurance Mechanisms (e.g., Identification, Authentication, Access Control, Accountability); and Security Mechanism Technology (Passwords, cryptography, discretionary access control, mandatory access control, hashing, key management, etc.)
• Review and provide input to program and contract work breakdown structure (WBS), work packages and the integrated master plan (IMP)