JOIN THE TEAM TODAY!
Our reputation is built on the skills and successes of our employees.
Software Engineer Level 3
Learn more about this opportunity below: 1506-2C-SWE3C01 - Software Engineer Level 3
Clearance: TS/SCI FSP
Location: Annapolis Junction
The Software Engineer develops, maintains, and enhances complex and diverse software systems (e.g., processing-intensive analytics, novel algorithm development, manipulation of extremely large data sets, real-time systems, and business management information systems) based upon documented requirements. Works individually or as part of a team. Reviews and tests software components for adherence to the design requirements and documents test results. Resolves software problem reports. Utilizes software development and software design methodologies appropriate to the development environment. Provides specific input to the software components of system design to include hardware/software trade-offs, software reuse, use of Commercial Off-the-shelf (COTS)/Government Off-the-shelf (GOTS) in place of new development, and requirements analysis and synthesis from system level to individual software components.
1. Twenty (20) years experience as a SWE in programs and contracts of similar scope, type, and complexity is required.
2. Bachelors degree in Computer Science or related discipline from an accredited college or university is required. Four (4) years of additional SWE experience on projects with similar software processes may be substituted for a bachelors degree.
1. Analyze user requirements to derive software design and performance requirements
2. Debug existing software and correct defects
3. Provide recommendations for improving documentation and software development process standards
4. Design and code new software or modify existing software to add new features
5. Integrate existing software into new or modified systems or operating environments
6. Develop simple data queries for existing or proposed databases or data repositories
7. Write or review software and system documentation
8. Serve as team lead at the level appropriate to the software development process being used on any particular project
9. Design or implement complex database or data repository interfaces/queries
10. Develop or implement algorithms to meet or exceed system performance and functional standards
11. Assist with developing and executing test procedures for software components
12. Develop software solutions by analyzing system performance standards, confer with users or system engineers; analyze systems flow, data usage and work processes; and investigate problem areas
13. Modify existing software to correct errors, to adapt to new hardware, or to improve its performance
14. Design, develop and modify software systems, using scientific analysis and mathematical models to predict and measure outcome and consequences of design
15. Design or implement complex algorithms requiring adherence to strict timing, system resource, or interface constraints; Perform quality control on team products
16. Implement recommendations for improving documentation and software development process standards
17. Oversee one or more software development teams and ensure the work is completed in accordance with the constraints of the software development process being used on any particular project
18. Confer with system engineers and hardware engineers to derive software requirements and to obtain information on project limitations and capabilities, performance requirements and interfaces
19. Coordinate software system installation and monitor equipment functioning to ensure operational specifications are met
20. Recommend new technologies and processes for complex software projects
21. Serve as the technical lead of multiple software development teams
22. Select the software development process in coordination with the customer and system engineering
23. Ensure quality control of all developed and modified software
24. Delegate programming and testing responsibilities to one or more teams and monitor their performance