JOIN THE TEAM TODAY!
Our reputation is built on the skills and successes of our employees.
Database Administrator Level 2
Learn more about this opportunity below: 1505-2B-DBA2C01- Database Administrator Level 2
Clearance: TS/SCI FSP
Location: Annapolis Junction
Maintains the integrity, security and availability of multiple database(s). Duties include disaster recovery, performance analysis and tuning, index maintenance, and monitoring of data. Administers, maintains, develops and implements policies and procedures for ensuring the security and integrity of the database. Evaluates and recommends available database management system (DBMS) products. Performs database and software life-cycle activities to ensure highest level of system performance and availability and compliance with business requirements. Performs Oracle, SQL Server and SYBASE Database and Application server administration. Organizes and formats data for efficient query and storage processes.
1. Ten (10) years experience as a DBA in programs and contracts of similar scope, type, and complexity is required. Bachelors degree in a technical discipline from an accredited college or university is required. Four (4) years of additional DBA experience may be substituted for a bachelors degree.
1. Maintain the integrity, security, and availability of database(s)
2. Establish and maintain database user accounts
3. Administer, maintain, and Implement policies and procedures for ensuring the security and integrity of the database(s)
4. Organize and format data for efficient query and storage processes
5. Evaluate requirements and recommends available DBMS products
6. Provide server administration with a variety of database products that include Oracle, SQL Server, and SYBASE
7. Perform disaster recovery, performance analysis and tuning, index maintenance, and monitoring of data
8. Develop policies and procedures for ensuring the security and integrity of the database(s)
9. Perform database and software life-cycle activities to ensure highest level of system performance and availability
10. Support data modeling activities by way of prototype database implementations
11. Coordinate database architecture changes with Database Engineer (DBE)s
12. Direct the monitoring, administrating, and implementing performance on database systems as well as database performance optimization, developing/changing database indices, redesigning database structure and reloading data into a database
13. Direct the installation of database management systems, databases, tables and views
14. Directs the administration and use of current and emerging database tools, strategies and technologies