JOIN THE TEAM TODAY!
Our reputation is built on the skills and successes of our employees.
Software Engineer 1
Learn more about this opportunity below: RH - Software Engineer 1
Clearance: TS/SCI FSP
Satisfaction of the SWE1 LCAT categories, as well as the following:
The Software Engineer develops, maintains, and enhances complex and diverse software systems (e.g., processing-intensive analytics, novel algorithm development, manipulation of extremely large data sets, real time systems, and business management information systems) based upon documented requirements
• Provide front end development for our applications
• Helping the team move forward with the next generation GUIs/applications that analysts and Agents in Security & Counterintelligence (S&CI) use to analyze data and aid in investigative activities.
• Develop applications to assist them with doing work smarter and faster.
Software Engineer (SWE) Skill Level I
The Software Engineer develops, maintains, and enhances complex and diverse software systems (e.g., processing-intensive analytics, novel algorithm development, manipulation of extremely large data sets, real time systems, and business management information systems) based upon documented requirements. Works individually or as part of a team. Reviews and tests software components for adherence to the design requirements and documents test results. Resolves software problem reports. Utilizes software development and software design methodologies appropriate to the development environment. Provides specific input to the software components of system design to include hardware/software trade offs, software reuse, use of Commercial Off-the-shelf (COTS)/Government Off-the-shelf (GOTS) in place of new development, and requirements analysis and synthesis from system level to individual software components.
The Level 1 Software Engineer (SWE) shall possess the following capabilities:
• Analyze user requirements to derive software design and performance requirements
• Design and code new software or modify existing software to add new features
• Debug existing software and correct defects
• Integrate existing software into new or modified systems or operating environments
• Develop simple data queries for existing or proposed databases or data repositories
• Provide recommendations for improving documentation and software development process standards
• Develop or implement algorithms to meet or exceed system performance and functional standards
• Assist with developing and executing test procedures for software components
• Write or review software and system documentation
• Develop software solutions by analyzing system performance standards, confer with users or system engineers; analyze systems flow, data usage and work
• processes; and investigate problem areas
• Serve as team lead at the level appropriate to the software development process being used on any particular project
• Modify existing software to correct errors, to adapt to new hardware, or to improve its performance
• Design, develop and modify software systems, using scientific analysis and mathematical models to predict and measure outcome and consequences of design
• Design or implement complex database or data repository interfaces/queries
Seven (7) years’ experience in programs and contracts of similar scope, type, and complexity is required. Bachelor' s degree in Computer Science or related discipline from an accredited college or university is required. Four (4) years of additional software engineering experience on projects with similar software processes may be substituted for a bachelor's degree.
Domain Area(s) & Specialized Requirements:
Unless otherwise specified in the description field one (1) year of demonstrated experience is required for the domain items described below: Computer Network Operations: Apache Tomcat Server 6, SharePoint Portals, Microsoft Active Directory, Windows 2008/XP/7, Microsoft WSUS server, McAfee 8.7, NetApp
Group Policies, DNS, DHCP management, Cisco IDS, SnifferPro, TCPDump, WinDump, NetWitness, Nessus, Metasploit, SolarWinds, BackTrack Information Technology: Java, Java Script, SQL scripting, HTML 5, Lucene/Solr, Oracle l lg. Other: Graphic Design