JOIN THE TEAM TODAY!
Our reputation is built on the skills and successes of our employees.
Software Engineer Level 1
Learn more about this opportunity below: TTO18-008 - QUARTERCARAT - Software Engineer Level 1
Clearance: TS, SCI w/Polygraph
Location: Ft. Meade, Maryland
As a Full-Stack Engineer on the ATPG/SI Discovery Analytics Team, you will directly support analysts and developers within the AT SI section. Working closely with the team lead, you will play a crucial role in rapidly building a variety of specialized tools and tradecraft to enhance the CNO mission. Your responsibilities will include developing innovative solutions for scalable data analysis, task automation, and workflow improvement through a flexible technology stack. The DAT teams foster an environment that values meticulous attention to detail and craftsmanship, where your contributions have a tangible impact on enhancing user experiences and mission success. The ideal candidate should thrive in this dynamic setting, collaborating closely with a diverse group of users and deriving satisfaction from observing users effectively utilize the tools they create.
• Work closely with the team lead to understand and address the needs of analysts and developers.
• Develop cutting-edge solutions for data visualizations, task automation, and workflow enhancements.
• Collaborate with cross-functional teams to identify opportunities for optimizing tradecraft and tooling.
• Independently drive projects and proposals, taking ownership of the entire development lifecycle.
• Design, architect, and implement robust and scalable software solutions that align with project objectives and requirements.
• Continuously improve and optimize existing codebase to ensure high performance and maintainability.
• Familiarity with data science principles and techniques, demonstrating the ability to analyze and derive insights from complex datasets.
• Experience with back-end development using Python to create custom libraries and REST API functions. Familiarity with version control systems like Git for collaborative development.
• Willingness and ability to learn and adapt quickly on the job, including internal systems unique to CNO. Problem-solving mindset and a passion for delivering quality solutions.
• Eagerness to expand knowledge and stay up to date with industry trends and emerging technologies.
Nice to Haves:
• Prior experience within CNO
• Relational databases (MySQL, SQLite, Postgres)
• Cloud-based experience (AWS/C2S)
• CI/CD pipelines
• Jupyter Notebooks
• Docker, K8s
• Software reverse engineering
• Apache Spark
YOE Requirement: 3 yrs., B.S. in a technical discipline or 4 additional yrs. in place of B.S.