JOIN THE TEAM TODAY!
Our reputation is built on the skills and successes of our employees.
Software Engineer Level 2
Learn more about this opportunity below: 7465-TKO - Software Engineer Level 2
Clearance: TS/SCI FSP
Location: Ft. Meade
This is a new position for the Reporting team to be funded in March 2023. UP TO 60% Telework
TKO requires a Integration Engineer to support a highly visible cyber sensor and analytic modernization program.
Skills required are:
• Experience in application migration into cloud environments and technologies, as well as customer data types, protocols, and policies
• Experience in development with cloud environments and technologies such as Accumulo, Hadoop, Kubernetes
• Experience with cloud-based data solutions (AWS and Azure preferred)
• Strong understanding of developing data transformation pre-processors and data flow management leveraging NiagaraFiles.
• Must be comfortable working with senior government and military technical experts and leaders
• Machine to Machine automation
• Open CTI activities
• Develop, maintain, and enhance complex and diverse software systems (e.g., processing-intensive analytics, novel algorithm development, manipulation of extremely large data sets, and real-time systems).
• Design, implement and enhance ETL (extract, transform and load) architectures. Ensure architectures will support mission requirements.
• Employ a variety of languages and tools (e.g. scripting languages) to marry systems together.
• Utilize software development and software design methodologies appropriate to the development environment.
• Support cloud technology adoption and integration of components into the customer's cloud architecture through taking existing Government-off-the-Shelf (GOTS) and Commercial-off-the-Shelf (COTS) tools and enabling them interact with systems such as NiagaraFiles, Elasticsearch, Gaffer, and corporate IAM services.
• Additional responsibilities may include support for system internals, data flow, Web user interface (UI), and/or results processing and analysis.
• Work closely with systems engineers to define and implement system infrastructure that will support hosted mission capabilities.
• Work individually or as part of a team.
The Software Engineer develops, maintains, and enhances complex and diverse software systems (e.g., processing-intensive analytics, novel algorithm development, manipulation of extremely large data sets, real-time systems, and business management information systems) based upon documented requirements. Works individually or as part of a team. Reviews and tests software components for adherence to the design requirements and documents test results. Resolves software problem reports. Utilizes software development and software design methodologies appropriate to the development environment. Provides specific input to the software components of system design to include hardware/software trade- offs, software reuse, use of Commercial Off-the-shelf (COTS)/Government Off-the-shelf (GOTS) in place of new development, and requirements analysis and synthesis from system level to individual software components.
Fourteen (14) years experience as a SWE in programs and contracts of similar scope, type, and complexity is required. Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related discipline from an accredited college or university is required. Four (4) years of additional SWE experience on projects with similar software processes may be substituted for a bachelor’s degree.