JOIN THE TEAM TODAY!
Our reputation is built on the skills and successes of our employees.
Information Systems Security Engineer Level 2
Learn more about this opportunity below: 7461-TKO - Information Systems Security Engineer Level 2
Clearance: TS/SCI FSP
Location: Next Century
• Conduct assessments of existing IT architecture for compliance with security requirements from applicable security frameworks (such as ICD 503)
• Develop IT security policies, standards, and guidance
• Provide input to A&A process activities and related documentation such as systems concept of operations, system security design, implementation plans, operational procedures, and maintenance training materials
• Provide engineering support and assistance to authorization/accreditation test and evaluation activities
• Provide continuous monitoring support for information systems
• Develop IT architecture deliverables, specific to information security countermeasure implementations, for operational systems and systems under development
• Evaluate proposed security architectures and designs and provide input as to the adequacy of those security designs to meet required security compliance objectives
• Develop and maintain processes and procedures to identify, track and mitigate customer system vulnerabilities
• In-depth understanding of the cybersecurity policies and procedures for government sector information systems
• Strong understanding of Linux-based operating systems
• Strong understanding of cloud services (AWS, Azure) and related security services
• Strong writing skills: able to clearly articulate ideas for executive level as well as technical staff consumption
• Strong communications skills: able to work well with others, independently and as part of a team
• Strong understanding of information security principles and risk assessment techniques
• Experience with using NESSUS and other scanning applications
• Experience with customer RMF processes and tools (i.e. Xacta, LatteArt, etc.)
The Information Systems Security Engineer (ISSE) shall perform, or review, technical security assessments of computing environments to identify points of vulnerability, non-compliance with established Information Assurance (IA) standards and regulations and recommend mitigation strategies. Validates and verifies system security requirements definitions and analysis and establishes system security designs. Designs, develops, implements and/or integrates IA and security systems and system components including those for networking, computing, and enclave environments to include those with multiple enclaves and with differing data protection/classification requirements. Builds IA into systems deployed to operational environments. Assists architects and systems developers in the identification and implementation of appropriate information security functionality to ensure uniform application of Agency security policy and enterprise solutions. Supports the building of security architectures. Enforce the design and implementation of trusted relations among external systems and architectures. Assesses and mitigates system security threats/risks throughout the program life cycle. Contributes to the security planning, assessment, risk analysis, risk management, certification and awareness activities for system and networking operations. Reviews certification and accreditation (C&A) documentation, providing feedback on completeness and compliance of its content. Applies system security engineering expertise in one or more of the following to : system security design process; engineering life cycle; information domain; cross domain solutions; commercial off-the-shelf and government off-the-shelf cryptography; identification; authentication; and authorization; system integration; risk management; intrusion detection; contingency planning; incident handling; configuration control; change management; auditing; certification and accreditation process; principles of IA (confidentiality, integrity, non-repudiation, availability, and access control); and security testing. Support security authorization activities in compliance with NSA/CSS Information System Certification and Accreditation Process (NISCAP) and DoD Risk Management Framework (RMF), the NIST Risk Management Framework (RMF) process, and prescribed NSA/CSS business processes for security engineering.
Fourteen (14) years experience as an ISSE on programs and contracts of similar scope, type, and complexity is required. Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Assurance, Information
Security System Engineering, or related discipline from an accredited college or university is required. DoD 8570.01-M compliance with IASAE Level 2 is required CISSP Certification is required. Four (4) years of ISSE experience may be substituted for a bachelor’s degree.
Ten (10) years’ experience as an ISSO on programs and contracts of similar scope, type, and complexity is required. Experience is to include at least two (2) of the following areas: knowledge of current security tools, hardware/software security implementation; communication protocols; and encryption techniques/tools. Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related discipline from an accredited college or university is required. DoD 8570 compliance with Information Assurance Management (IAM) Level 1 or higher is required. Four (4) years of additional ISSO experience may be substituted for a bachelor’s degree.