JOIN THE TEAM TODAY!
Our reputation is built on the skills and successes of our employees.
Software Engineer Level 1
Learn more about this opportunity below: 7739-OL - Software Engineer Level 1
Clearance: TS/SCI FSP
Location: Ft. Meade
Rules engine design and development across ITOS. Responsible for the development microservices. Required Java, Jira & Confluence, Gitlab, Maven, Jenkins, Nexus, mongoDB. Familiar with spring, Kubernetes, docker, System Requirements decomposition, release planning, CI/CD, Test frameworks and automation, and Agile Methodology. Familiar with FOSS & GOTS
-Rules Engine Experience
-Analyze user requirements to derive software design and performance requirements
- Design and code new software or modify existing software to add new features
-Debug existing software and correct defects
-Integrate existing software into new or modified systems or operating environments
-Develop simple data queries for existing or proposed databases or data repositories
-Provide recommendations for improving documentation and software development process standards
-Develop or implement algorithms to meet or exceed system performance and functional standards
- Assist with developing and executing test procedures for software components
-Write or review software and system documentation
- Develop software solutions by analyzing system performance standards, confer with users or system engineers; analyze systems flow, data usage and work processes; and investigate problem areas
- Serve as team lead at the level appropriate to the software development process being used on any particular project
- Modify existing software to correct errors, to adapt to new hardware, or to improve its performance
- Design, develop and modify software systems, using scientific analysis and mathematical models to predict and measure outcome and consequences of design
-Design or implement complex database or data repository interfaces/queries
Rules Engine Experience and AI/ML Experience
Cloud Experience: distributed scalable cloud repository.;
Shall have demonstrated work experience with Serialization such as JSON and/or BSON.
AWS and Mongo experience
Seven (7) years experience as a SWE, in programs and contracts of similar scope, type, and complexity is required. Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related discipline from an accredited college or university is required. Four (4) years of additional SWE experience on projects with similar software processes may be substituted for a bachelor’s degree.
*Years of experience may be waived based on experience with the technologies listed above
The Software Engineer develops, maintains, and enhances complex and diverse software systems (e.g., processing-intensive analytics, novel algorithm development, manipulation of extremely large data sets, real-time systems, and business management information systems) based upon documented requirements. Works individually or as part of a team. Reviews and tests software components for adherence to the design requirements and documents test results. Resolves software problem reports. Utilizes software development and software design methodologies appropriate to the development environment. Provides specific input to the software components of system design to include hardware/software trade-offs, software reuse, use of Commercial Off-the-shelf (COTS)/Government Off-the-shelf (GOTS) in place of new development, and requirements analysis and synthesis from system level to individual software components.