JOIN THE TEAM TODAY!
Our reputation is built on the skills and successes of our employees.
Information Systems Security Officer Level 2
Learn more about this opportunity below: HII-ISSO - Information Systems Security Officer Level 2
Clearance: TS/SCI Cl
Skills & Tasks
The Level 2 Information Systems Security Officer (ISSO) shall possess the following capabilities:
• Implement, and enforce information systems security policies, standards, and methodologies
• Prepare and maintain system and security documentation
• Assist in the evaluation of security solutions to ensure they meet security requirements for processing classified information
• Assist with the CM for information system security software, hardware, and firmware
• Maintain records on workstations, servers, routers, firewalls, intelligent hubs , network switches, etc. to include system upgrades
• Propose, coordinate, implement, and enforce information systems security policies, standards, and methodologies
• Develop and maintain documentation in accordance with customer policies
• Provide CM for security-relevant information system software, hardware, and firmware (U) Develop system security policy and ensures compliance
• Evaluate security solutions to ensure they meet security requirements for processing classified information
• Maintain operational security posture for an information system or program
• Provide support to the Information System Security Manager (ISSM) for maintaining the appropriate operational IA posture for a system, program, or enclave
• Develop and update the system security plan and other IA documentation
• Assist with the management of security aspects of the information system and perform day-to-day security operations of the system
• Administer the user identification and authentication mechanism of the Information System (IS)
• Provides support for a program, organization, system, or enclave’s information assurance program.
• Provides support for proposing, coordinating, implementing, and enforcing information systems security policies, standards, and methodologies.
• Maintains operational security posture for an information system or program to ensure information systems security policies, standards, and procedures are established and followed.
• Assists with the management of security aspects of the information system and performs day-to-day security operations of the system.
• Evaluate security solutions to ensure they meet security requirements for processing classified information.
• Performs vulnerability/risk assessment analysis to support certification and accreditation.
• Provides configuration management (CM) for information system security software, hardware, and firmware.
• Manages changes to system and assesses the security impact of those changes.
• Prepares and reviews documentation to include System Security Plans (SSPs), Risk Assessment Reports, Certification and Accreditation (C&A) packages.
• Supports security authorization activities in compliance with National Institute of Standards and Technology Risk Management Framework (NIST RMF).
• Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related discipline from an accredited college or university is required.
• Four (4) years of additional experience as an ISSO may be substituted for a bachelor’s degree.
• Five (5) years’ experience as an ISSO on programs or contracts of similar scope, type, and complexity is required.
• Experience is to include at least one (1) of the following areas: knowledge of current security tools, hardware/software security implementation; communication protocols; and encryption techniques/tools.
Most work will be done at a desk or computer.
General Office environment. The work environment is fast-paced and sometimes involves extreme deadline pressures. The nature of the work requires a high degree of teamwork and cooperation with other members of the staff as well as individuals across the Company and Customers.
Equipment & Machines:
General office equipment including PC/laptop, Fax, Copiers, Shredder, Printers, Telephone, and other miscellaneous office equipment.
Must be able to work a 40-hour workweek, normally Monday through Friday. However, times and days may vary depending on business requirements. Needs to be available to work overtime during critical peaks and be available to meet last minute requests for overtime should the situation occur.
Other Essential Functions:
-Must be able to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing
-Must be able to interface with individuals at all levels of the organization both verbally and in writing. Must be well-organized with the ability to coordinate and prioritize multiple tasks simultaneously. Must work well under pressure to meet deadline requirements. Must be willing to travel as needed. Must take and pass a drug test and background check as well as a motor vehicle records check. Must be a US citizen.