JOIN THE TEAM TODAY!
Our reputation is built on the skills and successes of our employees.
Information System Security Officer (ISSO) Level 2
Learn more about this opportunity below: 6827-GE - Information System Security Officer (ISSO) Level 2
Clearance: TS/SCI FSP
Location: Ft. Meade
The ISSO Level 2 should meet the following educational/experience requirements:
• Ten (10) years’ experience as an ISSO on programs and contracts of similar scope, type, and complexity.
• Experience in at least two (2) of the following areas: knowledge of current security tools, hardware/software security implementation; communication protocols; and encryption techniques/tools.
• Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, or related discipline from an accredited college or university. Four years of additional experience as an ISSO may be substituted for a bachelor’s degree.
• DoD 8570 compliance with IAM Level 1 or higher.
The Information Systems Security Officer should possess the following capabilities:
• Experience with SSPs
• Experience with customer's current tools
• Assist in the evaluation of security solutions to ensure they meet security requirements for processing classified information
• Advanced hands on technical skills
• Advanced SPLUNK skills or at driving passion to get them rapidly
• Nessus Scanning experience
• Solid understanding and experience with the Risk Management Framework
The Level 2 Information Systems Security Officer (ISSO) will provide support with the following activities:
Provide support to senior ISSOs for implementing and enforcing information systems security policies, standards, and methodologies
Assist in the evaluation of security solutions to ensure they meet security requirements for processing classified information
Assist with the CM for information system security software, hardware, and firmware
Maintain records on workstations, servers, routers, firewalls, intelligent hubs, network switches, etc to include system upgrades
Evaluate security solutions to ensure they meet security requirements for processing classified information
Propose, coordinate, implement, and enforce information systems security policies, standards, and methodologies
Maintain operational security posture for an information system or program
Provide support to the Information System Security Manager (ISSM) for maintaining the appropriate operational IA posture for a system, program, or enclave
Develop and maintain documentation for C&A in accordance with ODNI and DoD policies
Develop and update the system security plan and other IA documentation
Provide CM for security-relevant information system software, hardware, and firmware
Assist with the management of security aspects of the of the information system and perform day-to-day security operations of the system
Develop system security policy and ensure compliance
Administer the user identification and authentication mechanism of the Information System (IS) Plan and coordinate the IT security programs and policies
Manage and control changes to the system and assess the security impact of those changes
Obtain C&A for ISs under their purview
Provide support for a program, organization, system, or enclave’s information assurance program
Serve as the Approval Authority for ISs under their control