JOIN THE TEAM TODAY!
Our reputation is built on the skills and successes of our employees.
Network Specialist (Master)
Learn more about this opportunity below: 6745-DC3III - Network Specialist (Master)
• Minimum Bachelor's degree in Information Technology
• DoD 8570 IAT Level III Approved Certifications and industry recognized IT and cybersecurity training
• Must possess TS/SCI clearance at time of hire
In addition to meeting specialized experience, applicants must also show proficiency in IT-related experience demonstrating each of the four competencies listed below:
• Attention to Detail- Is thorough when performing work and conscientious about attending to detail.
• Customer Service - Works with clients and customers (that is, any individuals who use or receive the services or products that your work unit produces, including the general public, individuals who work in the agency, other agencies, or organizations outside the Government) to assess their needs, provide information or assistance, resolve their problems, or satisfy their expectations; knows about available products and services; is committed to providing quality products and services.
• Oral Communication - Expresses information (for example, ideas or facts) to individuals or groups effectively, taking into account the audience and nature of the information (for example, technical, sensitive, controversial); makes clear and convincing oral presentations; listens to others, attends to nonverbal cues, and responds appropriately.
• Problem Solving - Identifies problems; determines accuracy and relevance of information; uses sound judgment to generate and evaluate alternatives, and to make recommendations.
• Experience working with Linux servers and workstations based on distributions such as Red Hat or CentOS
• Experience working with Windows 10
• Experience working with Microsoft Windows server, switches, and firewalls
• Experience managing Apache-based web services
• Experience working with virtualization technologies such as VMware (preferred), Citrix, or Hyper-V
• Experience managing and securing computer accounts, privileges, and access to systems and equipment in accordance with DOD Security Technical Implementation Guides (STIG); monitoring network systems, including traffic, inbound & outbound queues, server metrics, storage space, and implementing efficiently improvements
• Experience working with, JWICS, SIPR • Familiarity with NFS, HTTP, HTTPS, and SFTP protocols, and STIG standards; AND
• Experience working with Unix shell or Ansible
• Performing system data management and protection (data backup, archiving, and data restores)
• Configuring, monitoring, and maintaining Network Attached Storage (NAS) hardware.
This is a Senior System Administrator position located in Linthicum, Maryland supporting a transitioning network security platform. Ideal candidates will have previous experience as an IT specialist or Systems Administrator supporting a complex platform on unclassified, FOUO, Secret and Top Secret networks.
Install, repair, upgrade, and maintain Linux and Windows-based computer systems and infrastructure, including but not limited to, workstations, servers, network switches, and cabling. Develop, implement and enforce IT policies and procedures, including those for security, standards, and service provision. Monitor network systems, including traffic, inbound & outbound queues, server metrics, storage space, and implement efficiency improvements. Maintain, troubleshoot, and implement network security tools including firewalls, anti-virus, and vulnerability scanning. Provide systems engineering and technical support for the establishment, test, upgrade, and operational support of systems, network, workstations, and support equipment hardware and software
Local off-site travel within the Washington, DC area to include but not limited to Fort Meade, Maryland; Pentagon, Virginia; Quantico, Virginia; Chantilly, Virginia; and Arlington, Virginia
Alliant LCAT Description:
Provides technical/management leadership on major tasks or technology assignments. Establishes goals and plans that meet project objectives. Has domain and expert technical knowledge. Directs and controls activities for a client, having overall responsibility for financial management, methods, and staffing to ensure that technical requirements are met. Interactions involve client negotiations and interfacing with senior management. Decision making and domain knowledge may have a critical impact on overall project implementation. May supervise others.
23 years or more of professional experience without a degree; or 15 years or more of professional experience with a Bachelors degree in an engineering/technical discipline from an accredited college in a related discipline, or equivalent experience/combined education; or 13 years of professional experience with a related Masters degree; or 10 years of professional experience with a related PhD or JD. Viewed as the most senior authority in discipline. Consideration should always be given for the level of specific domain expertise.