JOIN THE TEAM TODAY!
Our reputation is built on the skills and successes of our employees.
Computer Forensic & Intrusion Analyst (Journeyman)
Learn more about this opportunity below: 6309-DC3III - Computer Forensic & Intrusion Analyst (Journeyman)
Clearance: TS/SCI Cl
- TS/SCI w/ CI Poly - DoD 8570 compliance
- any Tier 2 certificate at time of start
- Subject matter expert in the field of digital media exploitation or forensics
- Understanding of hardware configurations and comfort with disassembling and reassembling computers and periphery devices
- Understanding of hard drive architecture and connection types
- Understanding of computer file systems
- In-depth experience with file system forensics
- In-depth experience with registry analysis
- In-depth experience with Internet history analysis
- Understanding of steganography and encryption detection and analysis
- Understanding of managing complex large data set analysis
- In-depth experience with timeline analysis
- Experience with forensic media imaging
- In-depth experience with email analysis
- In-depth experience with signature and hash analysis
- Experience with forensics tools such as EnCase, Forensic Toolkit, iLook, etc.
- Strong documentation and written communication skills with technical report writing experience
- Industry standard certification(s) such as: CFCE, EnCE, ACE, GIAC, DoD
- Advanced troubleshooting skills
- Hard drive and/or cellular phone repair skills
- Forensic tool and script development
- Metadata extraction and analysis
- Network and intrusion analysis
- Mobile/Cellular device analysis
- Forensic video analysis
- Digital forensic instructor
- Software development
- Database analysis/development
- Reverse engineering
- Application analysis
- Malware analysis
- Network forensics
- Intrusion analysis
- Intelligence analysis
- Social networking analysis
- Law enforcement investigation
- Finished intelligence report writing
Provides technical forensic support for federated, internal, and global external customers. Conducts exploitation processes on a variety of media including hard drives, thumb drives, and memory cards. Conducts imaging and data extraction processes on a variety of media including hard drives, thumb drives, and memory cards. Creates detailed notes on processes undertaken and develops intelligence-based reporting. Provides testing and evaluation of emerging trends in digital forensics software and hardware and assists the customer in developing new and innovative forensic processes and procedures. Conducts peer reviews of other examiners' reporting and serves as a mentor for less experienced examiners.
Alliant LCAT Description:
Possesses and applies expertise on multiple complex work assignments. Assignments may be broad in nature, requiring originality and innovation in determining how to accomplish tasks. Operates with appreciable latitude in developing methodology and presenting solutions to problems. Contributes to deliverables and performance metrics where applicable.
13 years of professional experience without a degree; or 5 years of professional experience with a Bachelors degree from an accredited college in a related discipline, or equivalent experience/combined education; or 3 years of professional experience with a related Masters degree; or no experience required with a related PhD or JD. Consideration should always be given for the level of specific domain expertise.