JOIN THE TEAM TODAY!
Our reputation is built on the skills and successes of our employees.
Technical Writer (Journeyman)
Learn more about this opportunity below: 6253-DC3III - Technical Writer (Journeyman)
Clearance: TS/SCI CI
• 3 years minimum recent experience in writing and editing Intelligence analysis products relating to computer network operations, malware analysis/forensics, advanced persistent threats (APT);
• Bachelor's or higher degree in English, Journalism, Technical Writing, or a related field;
• Knowledge of Classification Guides, Intelligence Community Directives (ICD), and Air Force Instructions and Manuals governing the production, coordination, and publication of intelligence analysis products
• Strong interpersonal, communication, organization, and coordination skills;
• Proficiency with publication-related software to include Microsoft Office Suite and Adobe products;
• Ability to effectively work in diverse team environments, produce deliverables with short lead times, work independently with minimal supervision, and maintain confidentiality of information;
• The ability to edit documents for accuracy and standardization of format and style to Air Force requirements;
• Ability to leverage mastery of English grammar, punctuation, spelling, rules of usage, and principles of composition in accordance with established intelligence writing and publication guides as well as existing non-intelligence related style manuals; and demonstrated aptitude for intelligence and/or analytical writing;
• Experience in professional publishing; thorough knowledge of U.S. Intelligence Community standards, policy and procedures regarding publication and dissemination of raw intelligence reporting and finished intelligence products;
• Traditional copy-editing and production editing, including substantive edits to address accuracy and completeness of technical information and to ensure intelligibility by the intended audience;
• The ability to perform independent technical research when required, and communicate with various sources to complete tasks related to production of intelligence products;
• The ability to track technical document review drafts and oversee final production of technical documents in accordance with project deadlines;
• The Technical Editor must collaborate with report writers and content Subject Matter Experts (SMEs) to ensure that each piece of content meets organizational standards and objectives
• Knowledge of the DoD Cyber Crime Center (DC3) capabilities, mission and customer bases;
• Experience with publication and project-related software to include EndNote, Visio, Access, Visual Basic, and Microsoft Project;
• Cross-disciplinary skills such as developing communications products, graphic design, website development and administration, and databases;
• Process improvement and project management experience
The Technical Writer supports the Department of Defense Cyber Crime Center (DC3) Operations Enablement Directorate (OED)’s Capability Integration Group (CIG) team to assist with the development, continuous review, and update of programmatic documentations (CONOPs, SOPs, etc.)). Work with contractor and government project leads and management to develop technical documents that contain both textual analysis and graphics or imagery specifically developed to support analytic conclusions. Perform substantive editing, including suggesting revisions to enhance clarity, persuasiveness, and effectiveness of the text's organization as well as queries on factual content. This position requires a TS//SCI security clearance.
Alliant LCAT Description:
Possesses and applies expertise on multiple complex work assignments. Assignments may be broad in nature, requiring originality and innovation in determining how to accomplish tasks. Operates with appreciable latitude in developing methodology and presenting solutions to problems. Contributes to deliverables and performance metrics where applicable.
13 years of professional experience without a degree; or 5 years of professional experience with a Bachelors degree from an accredited college in a related discipline, or equivalent experience/combined education; or 3 years of professional experience with a related Masters degree; or no experience required with a related PhD or JD. Consideration should always be given for the level of specific domain expertise.